I recently wrote a piece on questions that firms should ask themselves, when reviewing their level of client insight. Here are some of them in case helpful for anyone as a check-list. Can your activities be improved to better answer these issues?
* What are the most profitable opportunities?
* What is the potential demand for new specialisms?
* Where should the firm position itself to gain more profitable business?
* How can more revenue be generated from the current client portfolio?
* How can we reduce client loss?
* In which clients is there untapped potential for more work?
* How can we improve the return from marketing and BD?
* How can we ensure all of our investments – including training and CPD – help improve revenue growth and profitability?